[fluxus] segfault when kicking a passive box

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Thu Jul 13 20:43:35 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I get a segfault in fluxus-0.10rc2 when I try to kick a passive box.
See attached script.

This leads me to ask - is there a simple way for a script to check if an
object is active, passive, or neither active nor passive?  I ran into
this segfault when trying to make a Newton's Cradle[1], when I clicked
on the wrong object, and being able to detect what type of object has
been clicked could be useful for deciding what to do with a click.

Another question, if I may:  why can't I make joints between active
objects and passive ones?  Being able to do so would make life a lot
easier (right now I'm having to build supports to hold things in place
in all directions).  I guess that's a limitation of ODE and nothing to
do with Fluxus, though?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_cradle

Claude
--