[fluxus] 0.9osx-rc3

Dan Bethell dan at pawfal.org
Tue Feb 28 00:06:55 PST 2006

mashive .org wrote:
> On 2/27/06, *Dan Bethell* <dan at pawfal.org <mailto:dan at pawfal.org>> wrote:
>     didn't realise how much i used a terminal until I don't have one for
>     error messages though!
> @Dan
>
> does this mean, there is a way to see error messages?
> or does this mean, there was* a way to see error messages, but not now
> for some reason?
> i would like to see the error messages, so i can tell whats going on!
> (sometimes, when i run the examples it doesnt give me any indication it
> has did anything.)
> now that i know this, i am going to try running fluxus from the terminal! :)
> BTW, would (CWD) play a factor in this?
> if i opened terminal typed fluxus, it loads, that would be the (CWD)
> correct?

yes - error messages are passed to the terminal. Try right-clicking the
fluxus app in finder and selecting 'Show Package Contents'. Navigate
through Contents/MacOS and double click the 'fluxus' terminal
application. An accompanying terminal should pop up and report errors
for you. An (edit "blahblah.scm") for instance tells me:

couldn't load: blahblah.scm

as for the CWD i haven't got as far as working out how fluxus deals with
that - maybe someone else can help though.

cheers,
dan.