[fluxus] anti-aliasing (does it work?)

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Feb 9 02:24:18 PST 2006

> Does anti aliasing work for lines? (or anything for that matter).

lines don't honor the antialiasing hint, polys and points do, I'm not sure
about nurbs.

lines have been somewhat neglected lately, this would be a good reason to
update them and make them much more useful...

> It doesn't seem to be doing anything here, am i doing something wrong?
>  Is there a better way to animate a line?

at the moment, thats about it, but I'll update them to use pdata for their
points so you can animate them directly - and also add some hints so you
can draw them as fast hardware lines rather than camera facing ribbon
geometry if you want. I think they should also support multiple line
segments per primitive too...

more work :)

fwiw, you can do some nice things with polygons, and building via the
turtle builder or from the (build-polygons) command and setting the points
via (pdata-set). this is how I usually do these sort of things - maybe
with (hint-wire) it will achieve what you are looking for more.