[fluxus] (build-polygons) and normals

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Feb 28 10:13:43 PST 2006

Hi all,

I've been playing around with (build-polygons) this afternoon, and have
made a nice tetrahedron (attached), practice for making more
interestingahedra.

But, it is about 1/4 the brightness of a cube of the same nominal
colour, and activating (hint-normals) shows that it has 1 normal per
vertex, whereas the cube has 3, and the tetrahedron's normal is rather
short.

I am using (recalc-normals) to create the normals, because I don't know
any other way.  How would I specify the normals properly?

Thanks,

Claude