[fluxus] macos-scons news

Artem Baguinski artm at v2.nl
Sun Feb 26 08:24:13 PST 2006

Hi all

The latest commit to macos-scons branch brings new testing snippet,
which won't help Dan's problem (tests don't find Darwin Ports
libraries) but are sort of useful in general (not only on a mac)

1. the list of libraries to link against is used as a list of
libraries to check for, so that none will be forgotten ;-)

2. each library is checked for independently of others (without
autoadding them to LIBS) which makes it faster

I suspect that Dan's problem was due to LIBPATH missing /opt/local/lib
and CPPPATH - /opt/local/include respectively. I'm not sure how to go
about those yet and am open to suggestions. Alternatives i imagine:

1. let people supply their extra prefixes like:

scons CHECK_IN_PREFIXES="/opt/local:/usr/local:/sw"

Which would add "/opt/local/lib:/usr/local/lib:/sw/lib" to LIBPATH and
/opt/local/include:/usr/local/include:/sw/include" to CPPPATH.

2. let people supply their CPPPATH and LIBPATH like with autoconf.

But I'll leave that for after 0.9. As soon as I made sure that the
same script works on linux i'll merge it to HEAD.

cheers,
artm