[fluxus] fluxus plt commits

dave dave at pawfal.org
Sat Dec 23 06:53:00 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-23 at 15:33 +0900, Christian Sandor wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have just checked out the plt branch.
> However, it is not so easy for me to compile it on OSX...
> Could you please give some hints of how to do this?

sorry, the plt branch is very much WIP at the moment, bits and pieces
all over the floor etc - I'm just posting updates to make me feel like
I'm getting somewhere :)

it's certainly not suitable for OSX yet, although it would be good for
someone to start thinking about that, as I think we'll need to change it
all over again :( (just as it was looking like the hard work for mac was
over)

it probably wont build on linux yet without some hacking, I'm just in
the process of removing all the absolute paths lying around and
formalising the install of binary and scheme plt modules.

> My next question: when I have installed everything: how do I get
> quick-started with the new
> way of flux-ing?

use 0.11 - the plt version will (hopefully) be exactly the same from a
user POV, it's just going to be a bit faster, and much easier to
distribute modules to extend fluxus - so more toys in a little while.