[fluxus] start on osx (binary and the source way)

dave dave at pawfal.org
Fri Apr 28 14:17:54 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 19:01 +0200, greebo wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i recently started playing around a lil bit with fluxus, but there are
> quite many examples from the user manual
>
> e.g.
> <code>
> (define (render)
>     (colour (vector (gh 1) (gh 2) (gh 3)))
>     (draw-cube))
>
> (every-frame "(render)")
> </code>
>
> which is not working in the 0.8 binary for macosx.
> also the ui seems to
> be broken for some respects:

that script should work ok with 0.8, but yep the editor is broken and
annoying on osx for that build.

> - how to copy & paste

apple-x/c/v (I think) you can't paste text in from outside fluxus
unfortunately

> - how to delete code (more than one character)

select text and del (backspace and delete are the wrong way round)

> - the (edit "/some/script.scm") does not do anything when i try to start
> the script with "fn-f5"

the paths have to be absolute on mac I think - or relative from wherever
it's running the app from.

> therefore i tried to compile the 0.9-rc1 on my own for osx. But the
> SConstruct file seems also to be broken at least with the provided patches:

that is a better idea - a nicer one would be a 0.9 binary - anyone?

sorry I can't help with mac issue very much...