[fluxus] building on OSX

nik gaffney nik at fo.am
Wed Oct 12 02:23:53 PDT 2005

> now trying the 0.7rc1; but still the scons fail with:

0.7rc1 definatly builds on osx, but it might be simpler to use the xcode
project file than scons.  if you have installed the libs using fink you
should have no problems, but if you've used darwinports, there might be some
paths that need to be changed.

> Checking for main() in C library guile... no
> ERROR: guile must be installed!
>
> well, it is installed (typing guile -v in terminal gives me Guile 1.4)

you might want to update guile also.

> the question is how does scons checks checks for guile presence
> and how to tell it that it IS installed?

ive never had much luck with scons on osx