[fluxus] [Fwd: Re: OSC example plis]

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu May 19 04:22:01 PDT 2005

didn't include the list:

Subject: Re: OSC example plis
From:    "Dave Griffiths" <dave at pawfal.org>
Date:    Wed, May 18, 2005 1:55 pm
To:      "_ad" <alejo.duque at europeangraduateschool.net>

hi there alejo,

> me and my friend lorenz have been working on a OSC bridge from a
wireless application so to use the data in graphical applications like
fluxus or pd (sound and video)

> i will do a short presentation in Riga in the Space and Perception
symposium on saturday and will like to use fluxus there again (we used
it with slim..fatboy aka annie last year for doing very
> minimalistic visuals:)

nice one :)

> anyway, i will like to understand better this OSC new feature of fluxus
but the dox is not to clear for me and the example to short for my
little understanding of computer "life"

firstly, I'd recommend getting the latest cvs version. It's nearly ready
for release anyway - I'm just editing the example scripts now. I've added
much better support for osc, and the documentation is much more thorough.

> the problem im having is that i launch puredata
>
> connect to localhost port 8000 in the [sendOSC] object.
> tested with the dumpOSC with a print to console to confirm that data is
flowing (ok)

> but when i launch fluxus osctest.scm
>
> and press f5
>
> i get a:
>
> liblo server error segmentation faul...
>
> is this cause of my bad use of the tools or cause of buggy liblo?

I've noticed something like this if you try to connect to a port that is
already being used by another application. does osctest.scm segfault when
fluxus is the only osc app running? try changing the port?