[fluxus] os x fluxus-0.8

dan at pawfal.org dan at pawfal.org
Thu Dec 29 13:53:12 PST 2005

> ive also tested it on a machine running 10.4.3, and it works-for-me.
> on 10.3.9, i get the following runtime error.. .
> Link (dyld) error:
>
> dyld: /Volumes/Fluxus-0.8/Fluxus.app/Contents/MacOS/fluxus Undefined
> symbols:
> /Volumes/Fluxus-0.8/Fluxus.app/Contents/MacOS/fluxus undefined reference
> _ftime expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

cool thanks for the info.

hmm no idea _ftime is used for but sure we can track it down ;) I'm in New
Zealand chasing Kiwis at the moment but when I get back to Oz i'll work
out whats going on. That symbol is probably defined in another lib in 10.3
in which case we might need to link slightly differently - or maybe theres
a way to link universally for panther & tiger by doing something
iClever(tm)... hmm i'll have a look throught the apple dev docs.

>> If everything works I'll write up a page covering what I did in more
>> detail but just briefly I ended up statically linking against all the
>> necessary libs (tweak to the SConscript)
> Did you get a chance to write this up?
Unfortunately not yet but will do as soon as my new years hangover
subsides...

> i think it would make sense to try to
> have the linux & osx versions build from the same script, rather than
> trying to keep the scons & xcode files in sync.
I'm pretty new to this mac malarky and haven't really picked up on the
whole xcode thing - which is one reason why I just stuck with simple
tweaks to the sconscript. The other reason (which is in agreement with
your point) is that wherever possible i'm a big fan of the simplest method
of checkout & build across platforms - especially late at night when i'm
always dropping the ball! All i ended up changing in the sconscript was a
simple switch of some linker flags based on the os - osx just links
slightly differently to the linux target (with -framework OpenGL as
opposed to -lGL for instance). I figured that was the simplest way of
keeping everything as universal as possible but always happy to hear
others peoples opinions!

Have a great New Years y'all!
cheers,
dan