[fluxus] commits and bunnies

dave dave at pawfal.org
Thu Dec 29 13:35:20 PST 2005

hi all,

this is the first set of changes inspired from the feedback from the
fluxus workshop...

* searchpaths:

(searchpaths '("path/to/textures" "path/to/scripts" "path/to/scripts2"))

allows you to specify a list of places for fluxus to look for resources
- in order. this means you can set these locations in your .fluxus.scm
file and avoid specifying the full path every time in your scripts. this
should be particually handy for mac users. works for scripts and
textures.

* (source "script.scm") now loads+executes the script without loading it
into the editor. I'm starting to extend fluxus with scheme code now (ie
the obj importer (see below)), so along with searchpaths we can load
these standard scripts as we need them in the .fluxus.scm file

* ctrl-x with no selection no longer eats random bits of your script!

* characters not supported by the editor are now represented by yellow
blocks, rather than troublesome invisible entities (oh the fun we
had! :)

* delete/backspace switched for the mac build (could someone test this
is as expected now)

* (osc-msg) - I had to overhaul this a bit for a performance I'm doing -
it's much better now, but it changes things - rather than return the
values for the last osc message of the specified name, calling it
repeatedly returns every message recieved. so calling it once per frame
is probably now not enough (unless you are sure your frame rate is
higher than your osc message rate - probably not something to assume)

you can emulate the old behaviour by calling it in a loop until it
returns false, and taking the last/latest value for the current frame,
ie (of the top of my head):

(define (last-osc-value name value)
	(cond ((osc-msg name) ; if there is a message
		(set! value (osc 0))
		(last-osc-value name value)) ; loop to next message

		value)) ; no msgs left, return the latest value

* last but not least, a script that imports (triangulated) obj model
files can be found in cvs:fluxus/scm/objimport.scm
and for testing - the stanford bunny on fluxus:
http://www.pawfal.org/dave/images/obj.png

the model is here:
http://www.pawfal.org/bitsnbobs/bunny-1500.obj