[Fluxus] Fluxus runtime error on Ubuntu 18.04

dave dave at pawfal.org
Mon Oct 7 03:14:08 PDT 2019

On 06/10/2019 22:31, Javier Candeira wrote:
> On 7/10/19 04:48, dave wrote:
>
> Thanks, I had not thought of it as a single symbol, and I had not looked
> for it outside the fluxus tree. It appears to come from ode.

Ah indeed - not sure why ode is being so problematic, but we could make
it optional as it's not a big part of fluxus (although it is quite fun)...
> jcz at darthvader:~$ rg ccdFirs
> ode/libccd/src/ccd.c
> 89:void ccdFirstDirDefault(const void *o1, const void *o2, ccd_vec3_t *dir)
>
> ode/libccd/src/ccd/ccd.h
> 76:void ccdFirstDirDefault(const void *o1, const void *o2, ccd_vec3_t
> *dir);
> 80:        (ccd)->first_dir = ccdFirstDirDefault; \
>
> Instead of taking it from ode hg `default` branch, I just went back and
> ensured that it was the 0.16.x branch, recompiled, reinstalled, then
> removed fluxus and reinstalled and...

I would next check for it in the library itself - eg:

$ nm /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libode.a | grep ccdFirstDirDefault

nm: threading_pool_win.o: no symbols
                 U ccdFirstDirDefault
00000000000037b0 T ccdFirstDirDefault

The T means (according to