[Fluxus] Fluxus Future

dave dave at pawfal.org
Wed Oct 2 01:26:35 PDT 2019

Hi Walter,

On 01/10/2019 01:32, Hong Yang wrote:
> I tried to install the main branch in a clean Ubuntu 16.04, it's a bit
> painful, user need to compile opende, racket before build fluxus. The
> racket 7.4 from Ubuntu launchpad.net/~plt <http://launchpad.net/~plt>
> shipped with libracket3m.a but without librktio.a which lead to build
> fail, and libffi is required to be linked, it's also required by racket
> at the runtime.

Interesting - on ubuntu 18.04 all I had to do was install racket 7.4
from source (+ prebuilt packages as it's much faster to install) and
fluxus built ok. It doesn't need librktio.a or libffi.a installed -
these can be (and have been) removed from the SConstruct. I'm not sure
that the ubuntu version would cause this to be different, can you try it?

We should add launchpad.net/~plt to the README - I just wish whoever is
in charge of the main ubuntu packages would include libracket3m.a in the
package...