[Fluxus] Keyboard Handling

Johannes Kroll j-kroll at gmx.de
Sun Jun 19 08:00:20 PDT 2016

Hey,

I recently revisited Fluxus. I tried to implement simple keyboard
controls for a script. It seems keyboard handling is broken. For
example,

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V doesn't copy/paste. Pressing Ctrl un-selects the text.

Pressing Left-Ctrl+Left-Shift at the same time, in that order, switches
to Workspace 2 for some reason. Same for Left-Ctrl+Right-Ctrl.

Then I tried this:

(every-frame (begin
    (when (> (length (keys-down)) 0)
        (printf "keys: ~a - modifiers: ~a\n" (keys-down) (key-modifiers)))))

Which prints stuff for most keys as normal, e.g. when pressing 'a':
keys: (a) - modifiers: ()

But keys become translated by Ctrl, which I think they shouldn't. E.g.
pressing Ctrl+a prints
keys: () - modifiers: (ctrl)
(that is ASCII SOH (0x01) apparently)

While Ctrl+j gets translated to a newline
keys: (
) - modifiers: (ctrl)

Also, I have a question: is it possible to detect from a fluxus script
whether the scratchpad/editor text is currently visible? Didn't find
anything in the help or the documentation.

 -J.