[Fluxus] usefulness for audio?

Jiří Rouš jirkarous at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 20:18:26 PDT 2014

Hi,

last months I'm trying to get into clojure with overtone and quil libs. It
is still very complicated for me, if I could say OOP breed, to understand
functional paradigm, but slowly it is revealing somehow. Years ago Chuck
was an easiest language to understand (choosing from csound, sclang and
chuck), but I never used it for something serious and my experience with it
is too short to make any evaluation.
Supercollider language is from my point of view quite tricky in the
beginning, mainly regarding the syntax. Clojure is really interesting.
Combination of general purpose language with elegant syntax and domain
specific libraries all conjoined through emacs. It is, after while,
pleasuring user experience from coding... after one stick with emacs...
Few days ago a friend told me about book which is about euterpea, sound
library for haskell and its use. I never used it but haskell seems to be
powerful and elegant tool too.
I never managed to run fluxus on my computers (hope it is mainly lack of
experience with compiling and what ever skills was needed...).

best regards
jr