[Fluxus] Trouble installing fluxus in (Ubuntu) Linux

Javier Olaechea pirata at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 04:43:04 PDT 2014

Oi,
  so after some struggling I managed to build fluxus but now, when I run it
I get the following error.

puercopop at PuercoBuntu:~/Projects/fluxus$ fluxus
/usr/local/lib/fluxus-018/boot.scm:35:8: collection not found
  for module path: scheme/pretty
  collection: "scheme"
  in collection directories:
  context...:
   show-collection-err
   standard-module-name-resolver

Upon inspecting boot.scm and skimming on the racket
documentation<http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/collects.html>, I
have a hypothesis of what is the problem. In DrRacket I can see that:

> (current-library-collection-paths)
'(#<path:/home/puercopop/.racket/6.0/collects>
#<path:/usr/local/share/racket/collects>)

and flux modules are installed in /usr/local/lib/flux-018/, Now when I
modify boot.scm to test my hypothesis the changes don't seem to take
effect. How do I ensure that /usr/local/share/racket/collects are in the
(current-library-collection-paths) in fluxus?

Thanks in advance,

--
"I object to doing things that computers can do." — Olin Shivers