[Fluxus] DMX support

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 02:56:13 PDT 2014

Dear list,

I am seriously thinking about adding support for DMX (if you don't
know it; it is more or less like 'MIDI for stage lights').

Just found this; http://opendmx.net/index.php/OLA and they have
'libola', which is a C++ library to interface with a.o. DMX
interfaces.

Rationale; all current DMX software I have seen sucks at audio
analysis. We may want to take over all visual elements in a entire
club, not just the projection screen. We might be performing beats in
Fluxa and have lights available, yet no beamer. We can.

How sensible does this sound? Is anyone else excited? Any ideas on
what the syntax for this should look like in Scheme?