[Fluxus] Jack -> Fluxus on OSX

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 18:10:28 PDT 2013

is there info on how to get Fluxus working with Jack on OSX? I expected it to work as on Linux: start jackd, start jack app, jack app connects to jackd and we can start routing.

This is what I get with both the Fluxus 0.17 app from the website and 0.18 I built from git (64 bit with Homebrew after some Sconscript mods, but that's for a different post):

jack_client_new: deprecated
Could not read result type = 22
Client name = Fluxus conflits with another running client
Cannot connect to the server
jack server not running?
Could not attach to jack

after running the following in the REPL:

(start-audio "capture_1" 512 48000)

I'm starting jack using JackPilot with 512 buffer size and 48k sample rate and I'm on OSX 10.8.

Thanks

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika