[Fluxus] compile problem on linux

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Jan 15 13:02:22 PST 2013

On 15/01/13 15:10, plutek wrote:
>> You might be interested in using drFlux instead, running that in a
>> screen session and sending your text there. That works, though
>> it's less pleasant when you missed a closing bracket.
>>
>> Hope that helps you in the right direction.
>
> thanks, kas!
>
> interesting ideas, and i may take a look at drFlux. still, i guess my
> basic question is why fluxus (this nice, light, and nimble tool)
> needs the whole big machinery of racket before we can even compile
> it...

You might be interested in 'nomadic' the version of fluxus I'm working
on for ARM based platforms (Raspberry Pi and Android) also builds on
linux (and PS2) - it uses a modified version tinyscheme, part of the
source, and the only dependency is OpenGL ES.

https://github.com/nebogeo/nomadic-engine

It's pretty basic though atm, lacking a livecode editor (working on
that) and simpler scheme interpreters like tinyscheme are _much_ slower
than racket.

The aim is to produce something that is around 95% scheme code
compatible with the main version. We'll see...