[Fluxus] compile problem on linux

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 06:01:30 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 09:13:25PM -0500, plutek wrote:
> ...and i'm also wondering why anything related to a particular scheme environment needs to be a *dependency* of fluxus... can't we just feed fluxus scheme code by whatever method we like? or am i missing something about the fluxus dataflow?...

Personally I don't see why FLuxus couldn't listen to Std-in so we
could pipe stuff into it. IMHO redoing the editor in Scheme should be
higher priority but I think we could.

What should be theoretically possible would be a spawned task in
FLuxus that would use system calls to monitor a named pipe, then call
"(eval my-string)" on the result. I suspect that such system calls are
blocking though, making them less fun.

You might be interested in using drFlux instead, running that in a
screen session and sending your text there. That works, though it's
less pleasant when you missed a closing bracket.

Hope that helps you in the right direction.