[Fluxus] GLFW?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 04:40:04 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 11:46:44PM -0400, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> It dosen't depend on GL 3+, it only supports it. You can create GL 2
> contexts if you want, you're just not going to be able to take
> advantage of newer hardware stuff.

Ah, yes. I re-read this; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLFW

And indeed "The current release of GLFW supports OpenGL 3.0 and
higher." needn't imply a lack of support for older versions. I'm also
not going to be too harsh on myself for reading it in that way ;-).

> The clipboard code is in 2 functions with platform specific
> implementations which could be reused, but why reinvent the wheel.
> We've moved OpenFrameworks to GLFW on the desktop in the new version
> and it seems to be going well so far.

Yes, I agree. It's not so clear to me why this library would also
include those parts but but those are indeed parts that we could use
and being lazy is a programmer's virtue. I'd personally be quite
happy with joystick support; it's one of the things I have been
lusting after.

Doesn't sound like a half bad idea then. I wonder how Dave and Gabor
feel about it.