[Fluxus] temporal recursion

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 09:14:16 PDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 12:14:58PM +0100, David Griffiths wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just committed some initial work on temporal recursion for fluxa -
> more details and some recordings here:
> http://www.pawfal.org/dave/blog/2012/10/temporal-recursion/

I was excited to read that.

I also notice it is now meant particularly for Fluxa, but i could also
see applications in visuals, or at least in games. For that kind of
thing I am still dreaming of a third way of drawing, next to "build"
and "draw" (in my head it has been called "paint" for lack of a better
word). Such objects would be put on the screen at a certain moment,
then stay there for a bit and leaving/fading on their own, but without
using blur on the whole scene.

Does such a thing make sense to anyone else? I wonder whether this a
universal sort of thing or more something that belongs in a single
library or performance.