[Fluxus] midi-position broken?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sat May 19 13:02:46 PDT 2012

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 09:53:17PM +0200, gabor papp wrote:
> have you added the '--vex-iropt-precise-memory-exns=yes' option?
> last time i checked this, it was needed, becaue the garbage
> collection uses some black magic, which confuses valgrind.

I did. I copy-pasted the command exactly as you gave it.

> you could also try 'git bisect', which uses binary search to find
> the change that introduced a bug. i never tried midi-position, but i
> assume this function has worked for you before.

Yes, it worked. More importantly; my MIDI-sync for Fluxa is based on
it, with some extentions for "time-stamps" that track when the last
beat occured. Last night sync turned out to be broken and traced that
to midi-position giving these weird numbers.

I only use midi-sync when jamming with others but I think it was ok
still a month or so ago.