[Fluxus] max-synths

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:46:56 PDT 2012

Dear dave,

I find max-synths in Fluxa a bit suspicious. In particular I was
happily jamming along when adding a extra mooglp caused some highhat
accents to be lost. No problem, I thought, I'll just increase
max-synths. That did not help, not even for a generous increase. I
then read the docs which talk about "synth graphs", which I take to
refer to the node pulled by "play" and any children it may have
-recursively- as one such "graph".

I always assumed we cycle based on the number of nodes, not on the
number of such graphs. That idea is strengthened by how adding a extra
filter node to graph A would affect graph B. However, it does not
explain how max-synths for generous amounts or for a value of 1 (to
test) wouldn't affect what I hear.

Do we have any known issues there or am I simply using stuff in the
wrong way? I'm happy to cheerfully go in with my surgical chain-saw
but this sounds like something you might have notes on.