[Fluxus] Unrelated to Fluxus, but possibly of interest to those interested in it.

Gaspard Bucher gaspard at teti.ch
Mon Mar 5 07:56:43 PST 2012

Hi Fjölnir !

I also started playing with Ruby for live coding but dropped the project in
favor of Lua because of stability issues (the garbage collector made the
music very rubato: fun but unusable). That was ruby 1.8.7, not MacRuby so
the problems I had might not affect you.

Since your project is smaller then fluxus and thus easier to understand for
a newbie like me, I'll steal ideas from your project to develop the shading
engine in lubyk [1]...

To the fluxus folks, I would love to use your engine (provided I can grok
such an impressive project) but I want to avoid GPL code (please, not
flames) and as you said, writing the engine can be fun and is a great way
to learn.

Thanks everyone for sharing !

Gaspard

[1] http://lubyk.org