[Fluxus] festival / call for entries - plattform:[no budget]#10

karme at karme.de karme at karme.de
Thu Mar 8 02:32:42 PST 2012

maybe someone on this list is interested? (it is a really nice festival)

greetings
karme

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
english version

================
CALL FOR ENTRIES
================
plattform:[no budget] #10
Independent Media Festival
May 26th to May 27th 2012

Dear ... who, actually?
The media festival plattform:[no budget] is back. Independent, untamed
and pour l'art the Leibnizhaus II in Tübingen is once again set to
become the scene of aesthetic audacities on display. During the last
nine years of activity quite a lot has crawled out of the woodwork here.
Film, media art, music - everything is possible in our little
juxtaposition of art-eee-facts. Craft, forge, imitate, showcase or
enhance whatever and however you like.

What, actually?
This year, your film, your sequence and your scenes - performed, looped
or installed, will be presented under the title
Inclusive:Exclusive:Subversive. For he who excludes includes, but she
who includes excludes, and anyway: those who suspect exclusivity in
subversion has therefore found the right setting - including themselves.
It will be a weekend for all those who consider art too big a thing as
to be consumed, for those who are prepared to join us in cutting up the
two planks that are supposed to mean the world and revel in the sight of
it. Hence forth our dedication is solely and fully directed towards your
contributions - missing out merely that which you fail to submit.

Where, actually?
The big old house with its even larger, wild garden, some 30 rooms,
several communal rooms and a welcoming and spacious terrace is just
short of being an exhibit in its own right. Following the principle of
self-governance, 28 people and two cats inhabit this house, many of
which are also involved in the organisation of the festival. Guests are
around at all times and occasionally, lavish and excessive parties are
celebrated here. One of the more memorable ones taking place during this
year's plattform:[no budget] will no doubt go down into the history of
the building, which spans more than a hundred years.

And what else?
Nothing is bought! Nothing is sold either! We continue to be
non-purchasable just as well as non-sellable. This is the premise we'll
have in mind when assessing what comes into our sight. By March 31st you
can send in everything that fits on a disc. Everything arriving with a
brief explanation regarding its relation to the concept of
Inclusive:Exclusive:Subversive will certainly be evaluated. If not
covered on our website http://www.plattform-nobudget.de, all remaining
questions, ideas and suggestions can be easily negotiated with us
personally.

Looking forward to whatever will come,
yours, the team of platform:[no budget]

Independent Media Festival
plattform:[no budget] e.V.
Leibnizhaus 2
Stauffenbergstr. 30
D-72074 Tübingen

phone +49 (0) 7071 81560
info at plattform-nobudget.de
http://www.plattform-nobudget.de

* Please use our submission form on the website. Feel free to submit
suitable short movies, documentaries, workshops, audio dramas, theatre,
photos, paintings, installations and anything else we have not thought
of. The topic can be evolved in every way possible, artistically,
aesthetically or politically. Basically, everything can be worked with,
however, the formats that we prefer are short films on DVDs without
menus.