[Fluxus] Key events

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Fri Jun 8 12:02:56 PDT 2012

> Yes I am using fluxus from the Git repository. To have that included would
> be great!!, and indeed, more general solution (and in fact, more like the
> solution I was looking for). In fact I think it would be great to have an
as i was thinking more about it, the proper name would be
(key-released-this-frame), which would not be much better the using
(key-pressed-this-frame). have you tried this? of course, it resends the
key if when the key repeat occurs, but the toggle switch behaviour could
work with it.

(define toggle #f)

(define (render)
     (when (key-pressed-this-frame " ")
         (set! toggle (not toggle)))
     (when toggle
         ...))

your solution is better in a way, because it's irrespective of the
keyboard-repeat.

> OpenGL-like list of keys, each one for key-down, key-pressed, and
> key-release events.
we have (keys-down) which returns a list of keys currently pressed down.
we can add (keys-pressed-this-frame) and (keys-released-this-frame),
although i'm not sure if these would be very helpful.

> programming. I hope to be able to contribute to Fluxus code soon with this
> kind of features.
great. looking forward to your contributions.

best,