[Fluxus] makehelpmap fails

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:48:20 PST 2012

Dear list,

I'd like to get my branch up to date with the changes in master.

For this I ran "git pull origin master"

That -predictably- ran into a issue with helpmap.scm which couldn't be
merged automatically. I set out to rebuild and re-add it.

Here the trouble started; racket makehelpmap.scm" fails with a error
at ffgl.ss

-------------
//snip a thousand or so lines

parsing ../modules/scheme/ffgl.ss
Gather - looking for: Exemple:
Gather formatted, looking for: EndSectionDoc
with-ffgl
Gather - looking for: Retour:
Gather - looking for: Description:
Gather - looking for: Exemple:
char-whitespace?: expects argument of type <character>; given #<eof>

 === context ===
/home/zach/Fluxus/fluxus-dev/fluxus/docs/makehelpmap.scm:100:0:
read-word
/home/zach/Fluxus/fluxus-dev/fluxus/docs/makehelpmap.scm:116:2:
inner-gather
/home/zach/Fluxus/fluxus-dev/fluxus/docs/makehelpmap.scm:182:0:
parse-functions
/home/zach/Fluxus/fluxus-dev/fluxus/docs/makehelpmap.scm:212:0:
parse-section
/home/zach/Fluxus/fluxus-dev/fluxus/docs/makehelpmap.scm:245:0:
makehelpmap
/home/zach/Fluxus/fluxus-dev/fluxus/docs/makehelpmap.scm:251:2: inner
/home/zach/Fluxus/fluxus-dev/fluxus/docs/makehelpmap.scm:251:2: inner
/home/zach/Fluxus/fluxus-dev/fluxus/docs/makehelpmap.scm:251:2: inner
/home/zach/Fluxus/fluxus-dev/fluxus/docs/makehelpmap.scm: [running
body]

Now I don't think I can do anything with Git without resolving the
helpmap inconsistency yet if I try to remedy it myself ffgl.ss will
likely get out of sync.

For the future, would it be a very bad idea to have the creation of
the helpmap be a part of the compilation process instead of having the
file in Git? Is that at all possible to have this only run when one of
the relevant files changes? Otherwise it'd become a bit of a chore
when developing but as it is the helpmap doesn't seem to gain much
from being in the git repro.