[Fluxus] (build-pixels) textures

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Thu Feb 16 14:02:04 PST 2012

> I don't see the goal of the alternating frame  variable value
> and why don't shorten this in this, using only one texture:
it's not possible. it's an opengl limitation. a pixel-primitive is a
framebuffer object (fbo) in opengl. this means you can render content into
it. you can attach textures to an fbo, these are the pixel-primitive
textures. it is not possible to render into a texture, and use that
texture at the same time. that's why the texture switching is necessary.

> The other Gabor example "pixels.scm" seems to me quite confusing too with
> this balanced frame variable.
the frame variable is only switching between 0 and 1. nothing complex, but
solved in a geeky way with bitwise-xor, which is shorter then the
remainder.

> But can I use the different pixels primitives textures to do sort of
> multitexturing, or I'm misunderstanding this.
i'm not sure i understand the question. you can use pixel-primitive
textures for multitexturing. there's a second parameter of
(pixels->texture), to ask for the texture with the given the texture

best,