[Fluxus] make helpmap fails

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon Feb 6 04:01:36 PST 2012

hey Kas,

> That's quite odd. To make sure I ran a extra "git pull origin master"
> and then tried to rebuild the helpmap using racket 5.1 and I got the
> same error. I wonder what might be causing the difference.
i'm not sure, maybe i made a mistake. now i tried it in linux, and the problem
came up. i hope it is fixed in git now.

the problem was that the french helpstrings have to contain "Retour:" and
"Exemple:", where the english ones have "Returns:" and "Example:".

> I had some hope we could somehow use scons's "only compile bits
> that need to be" functionality for this, but maybe that is asking a
> bit too much.
this is tricky, because makehelpmap.scm just parses all source files and builds
the big helpmap.scm file. if we build separate helpfiles for every source file
using the functinality you mention could work.

best,