[Fluxus] Running Windows is Easy but Running on Mac is hard.

gabor papp gabor.lists at mndl.hu
Mon Aug 20 22:33:59 PDT 2012

hi Young,

please use reply all to reply to the list.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 08:00:12AM +0900, Young Choi wrote:
> This version does not work too.
could you send details about what it does?
please send the output of the Console application after fluxus crashes,
or run it from terminal and send what it prints. for example after
opening the dmg, run the following command from terminal:
/Volumes/fluxus-0.18-1.20110620git/Fluxus.app/Contents/MacOS/fluxus

> But
>
> fluxus-0.17-3.rc4.mac_intel.10.5.dmg
>
> This one is really working for me on my Mac Mini with Lion.
>
> fluxus-0.17-3.rc4.mac_intel.10.5.dmg
> and
> Fluxus-0.16_MacOS-Tiger.dmg
>
> Doesn't run on my Macbook.
>
> I can still run on my Mac Mini, so it is ok now for me.
>
> I have a one more quick question.
>
> on Lion.
>
> I can use Ctrl+f and Ctrl+w for screen change,
> But other key combination does not working.
> For instance F5/Ctrl+e for running .
>
> I guess function key needs to be re-defined in OS for using in Fluxus.
> But I don't know why Ctrl+e , Ctrl+l and Ctrl+s does not working.
this is strange. are you trying to do this in the repl? (ctrl+0)
can you switch to other editor windows (e.g. ctrl+1)?
if you can, try the ctrl+e, ctrl+l, ctrl+s there.

> So, Please let me know how to redefine Function keys and combination of
> Ctrl Keys
>
> Program is really fantastic.
>
> I love it.
>

> looking forward.
>
> Young Choi

glad you like it. let us know if you encounter any problems.

best,