[Fluxus] 1st steps w/ Fluxus, a bit difficult

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Apr 10 07:19:23 PDT 2012

On 04/10/2012 01:25 AM, Janis Geiger wrote:
> Well, thanks guys!
>
> About the manuals,
> I found ~3 of them
> *scheme-uk-fluxus.pdf
> *fluxus-documentation-en.pdf, from 2011
> *fluxus.pdf (flossmanuals), whichs seems to be the same
> *fluxus-documentation-en.pdf, from 2010, which is a tiny bit different.
>
> I've been using them a little bit, but for my purpose or wishes they're
> lacking a bit of an outsider perspective, I need more control about what
> the functions really mean & provide... more a "general" approach towards
> making something, like an overview of 'functions > their options > the
> outcome', like when I want to know how to achieve something that's not
> really covered in the manual.
>
> So, I'll have a look at those Racket Docs I think !

When it comes to larger questions about how to structure your programs,
Scheme offers a gazillion ways to do it which is not great when you're
starting out. The Racket docs are definitely the ones to lead you out of
the jungle here - it would be good to make fluxus more in line with what
they do if possible.