[Fluxus] Audio in OSX

roger pibernat rogerpibernat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 05:46:19 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm new to Fluxus and JACK.  I'm trying to use audio input and have been
following the instructions.  I've tried bars.scm and other examples from
the internet and the manual, but nothing works.

Fluxus doesn't appear in JACK's Routing window.  Not even after typing and
evaluating

(start-audio "" 1024 44100)

When trying bars.scm example I changed the audio-port string to
"system:capture_1", since I only can see that in my Routing window.

Nothing happens.  Printing (gh n) to console prints 0.0

I've tried running JACK first then booting Fluxus, I've tried booting
Fluxus then JACK, tried buit-in input and buit-in mic, different bufsizes
(512 and 1024)...

Fluxus doesn't complain (not even if I put a nonsense string as port), but
nothing happens.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm missing something.

OSX 10.6.8 on Intel Core i5
Fluxus 017
JackOSX 0.89 (32 bit)
Default soundcard