[Fluxus] Help to connect two MIDI sources into FLUXUS

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 03:53:16 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 09:57:07AM +0200, gabor papp wrote:
> hi Eduardo,
>
> >Today I try to connect two midi controllers to fluxus, when I put
> the current fluxus-midi module only allows one midi controller at a
> time unfortunately.
> multiple midi controller support is on the todo list.

In the meantime; I think many modern controlers with USB plugs will
act as both a interface to the computer (featuring din plugs) and as a
controller themselves. With some luck yours will be able to merge the
two, pluging controler A's din output into controller's B's MIDI-in
and B's usb into the computer.

I don't know the exact models used here but consult your manual.

Hope you're in luck, if that fails you can run a software-based merger
that would present a single virtual device to Fluxus for you to open;
I don't have much experience with that personally, somebody else might
have a pointer or you could consult your favourite search engine.