[Fluxus] 3D stereo in Fluxus - Double Frame

Ted tedr56 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:35:07 PDT 2011

Hi the list,
I'm working on a 3D projection with my fluxus creations.
So, I'm trying and thinking about the different stereo mode in Fluxus.
The first I tried is (set-stereo-mode 'coulour)
It's working instantly but I think there is a too big eye-separation by
default.
Also a problem of colour happen with coloured objects, the object can
disappear from one lens with coloration algorithm.
Then I tried the 'crystal-eye mode and only got errors.
On my Intel grapic card, I got a previously seen error:
 freeglut (fluxus): OpenGL GLX extension not supported by display ':0'
And on my Nvidia graphic card:
 freeglut (fluxus):  ERROR:  Internal error <FBConfig with necessary
capabilities not found> in function fgOpenWindow
But the nvidia side, it could be from my hybrid intel/nvidia proprietary
system.

So, I was thinking about my planned project using the steroscopie by two
circular opposite polarized images (long sentence o.O)
And thinking also, the facility with you can change the fluxus power.
Would be difficult to implement a stereo mode using two stereo fames
side-by-side?
May in two separate windows, but even better would be in one only.
The result could be send in a Matrox DualHead and send the separated
projectors with polarisation filters.
In that case, we'll have to find a name for this mode.

So, who's with me?

Thanks the list.
Ted