[Fluxus] RIP John McCarthy

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 06:12:16 PDT 2011

Ow, this is sad.

Lisp -to me- is one of the most beautiful things in computers; we can solve
our problems in a open dialogue with the computer and instead of just us
explaining something to the computer the computer also teaches us; by the
time it's done it always looks simple and far easier than we could have
imagined when we set out.

There is something extremely comforting and reassuring in that, quite a
thing to leave to this world which so often seems to have a shortage of
things like that. Well, at least that's what it is like for me.