[Fluxus] git now 0.18

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue May 24 03:58:39 PDT 2011

> I've only given self-test a quick run, I'll check the examples now
> before getting the packages together.

Cool.

To what degree have you tried out the nodes that I did? I would prefer that
you ok the style and direction; changing stuff in master comes with more
costs and issues than a reluctance to move in unproven ideas. I'd also
particularly like you to have a look at the structure that (scrub ) uses
-it's in the file for the sample player. That strategy could be quite easily
adapted to also be used by (sample ). That would kick out all of the
polyphony stuff, which I don't think we use, and have the advantage of being
able to modulate (sample ). I don't think that that structure for polyphony
is used or makes much sense in the Fluxa context and I'd rather have
modulation right now than the option to perhaps have polyphony in some
different way in the vague future. This is your call though.

Give it a whirl. The type-checking may also need a look. It works and I
think I did the right things but that too could use some expert inspection
to make sure it doesn't cause extra issues in unexpected edge-cases. I do
advocate checks there as this quite regularly saves the whole setup and I'm
in favour of not heavily punishing typos.