[Fluxus] External Editor with OS X

Benjohn Barnes benjohn at fysh.org
Mon May 9 14:11:12 PDT 2011

On 9 May 2011, at 20:39, gabor papp wrote:

> please use reply all.

Ah, sorry – thanks.

>>> i recently added default user collects and material paths to git on
>>> osx for the dmg, which includes Documents/Fluxus/collects to the
>>> searchpath by default. let me know if you need a dmg that knows
>>> this.
>>
>> That sounds useful, thank you. Is it possible for me to put something
>> in to my .fluxus.scm that can tell Fluxus other places to look for
>> modules too?
> yes, this is what i did. something similar could be added to your .fluxus.scm. http://bit.ly/kRjVoV
> if it does not work, i can build a new dmg for you and you can use Documents/Fluxus/collects.

Thanks – I'll let you know how it goes…

>> Perhaps I should do this? Is it a fairly easy build? I got the
>> impression Fluxus has many external dependencies?
>>
> it depends. i believe the instructions are quite clear. i heard that it's even easier to build it if you have homebrew installed.

Homebrew looks pretty excellent (if they've got good web skills, they must be able to build a good packager too, surely), so thanks for the reference.

Cheers,
	Benjohn

--
benjohn at fysh.org - Twitter @benjohnbarnes - Skype benjohnbarnes - Mobile +44 (0) 7968 851 636