[Fluxus] samples in fluxa on OSX

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 04:05:07 PST 2011

Ok, I had some success.

Simply bypassing the checks that give the errors turned out to be a bit
naive :-)
I now uncommented the wave loading loop that uses libsndfile and commented
out the version that uses the custom one. The resulting binary seems to work
just fine for me for now. I quickly had it load 5 or 6 different files and
didn't get a single crash.

Maybe I got lucky, maybe the cause of the libsndfile crashes somehow
disappeared in the updates since then or maybe it relates to me having
cleaned out any irregularities from this set of drum sounds. We need more
tests, but for now I have a situation that's a lot better than what I had so
far.

Dave, do you remember anything about the sort of condition under which
libsndfile would cause a crash? If it was at loading any file at all then I
feel safe with these beats for now, but maybe it was more involved? It'd
also be good if libsndfile would be updated since then with a possible fix
and we could simply go back to that and be fine on both cpu sets.