[Fluxus] samples in fluxa on OSX

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 00:57:24 PST 2011

This is on a ppc processor right?

Yes. I'm on a old Mac which I can play around with to practice and sketch.

> Smells like endianness, and
> remembering the state I was in before writing the sample loading code
> (before a gig) it's quite possible.

I remember some weirdness in there, yes. I looked at the source when it
refused to play my normal collection of drums on Intel/Linux. A more
straightforward "have libsndfile deal with it all properly" strategy might
be better for the future. That's what ChucK does (probably SC and PD too)
and that should enable more file types with less complaints about
non-standard headers. Right now things like set loops and the like confuse
Fluxa to no end.

I don't think Fluxa supports AIFF, is there some other way I can simply
shuffle the bytes around so the waves will play for now? Or do I just
abandon this for the moment?