[Fluxus] getting wire-colour

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Jun 29 04:25:39 PDT 2011

Hi Kassen,

> Is this proper behaviour though? Maybe things like these hints and the
> colours should be part of the "transform" that we can get from the
> primitive? Colour does seem to be a bit different from for example
> scale, in that colour doesn't affect the (get-transform), but also
> similar in that neither affects how a object is seen by (build-copy).

Colour is part of the primitive state, some of which can be accessed
(e.g. the transform).

We could add functions to make everything readable, but it's also
possible to store extra information (of anything you like) if you store
the primitive in a structure or list along with anything else associated
with it. This is the way I tend to do it, and I think for anything
sufficiently complicated it's inevitable.

I have experimented with storing data to do with particles in user pdata
arrays - e.g. using elements of per-particle vectors to store state
information, that seemed to work pretty well.