[Fluxus] version

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Jun 16 12:19:20 PDT 2011

Hi all,

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 10:17 +0200, gabor papp wrote:
> hi Kassen,
>
> > Thus; would it be a idea to abstract the current version into some variable
> > indicating the version that could be appended by things like "fluxa" in
> > calls like this to create commands that will automatically update as
> > versions do?
> as far as i know (require) works in a different phase, so adding a
> version variable won't work. maybe using (dynamic-require) could work,
> but i'm not sure how to use it.

Yeah I bashed my head against this for some time with no solution. I
think we possibly should get rid of the version from there, but then we
couldn't run two versions of fluxus at once - perhaps this isn't
important now (I was doing this to have seperate dev and performance
builds at one time).

> i run something like this line on version changes in the fluxus folder
> which replaces all require version numbers in the scripts:
>
> find . -name \*.scm -exec sed -i "" "s/fluxus-017/fluxus-018/g" {} \;

I recently got rid of the version number is as many places as I could,
but for things like the examples scripts this is currently the best
solution.