[Fluxus] Fluxa & sync

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 06:29:06 PDT 2011

Hey Dave,

I've been thinking about trying to enable MIDI sync for Fluxa so I can jam
with my friend Rob.

I looked at the new-ish clock features. I could try to add time-stamping to
that, figure out where in time we predict the next few clock pulses and
write a slightly tweaked version of seq for that, I'm not sure that would be
the right way to go about that though. It'd need to be done in the C++ stuff
to avoid jitter caused by the every-frame task and that would mean that
fluxa bits would end up in Fluxus. That's far from clean. Maybe the Fluxa
executable needs its own MIDI sync option, then hand the relevant times and
clock numbers to Fluxus over OSC?

Another approach might be that syncing system Alex and you use in Slub,
assuming I could persuade Rob to implement the other side. That seems like a
more sensible short term solution. Could I have a copy of that? Does enough
documentation exist to implement a PD port of that?