[Fluxus] [RFC] Fluxus as an A/V batch synth

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Sun Jun 12 10:41:44 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm interested in integrating fluxus with an external application
reading/encoding/processing A/V data.

This is the scenario I envision: an application interprets a fluxus
script (through libfluxus?), the generated A/V is directly processed
by the application (e.g. encoded and stored to file or streamed to the
net).

Alternatively I can imagine a client/server architecture, where fluxus
acts as producer and sends the generated A/V data to the consumer app.

This second approach should also allow interactive changes to the A/V
stream, but looks more brittle because of the more connections
required (while the scripting scenario only requires a single batch
process).

For audio we could use jack as an hub (fluxa connects to jack as a
readable client, the consumer app as a writable, should already be
possible with fluxa+jackd+ffmpeg), for video or audio+video I don't
know which technology I could employ (can fluxus stream data?).

Do you think it would be possible to implement such scenario with
fluxus/fluxa?

In this case can you suggest how I may implement it? (I can code if
necessary)

Can you suggest viable alternatives for implementing such a scenario?

Best
--
Reporter:   "What would you do if you found a million dollars?"
Yogi Berra: "If the guy was poor, I would give it back."