[Fluxus] smoothing bias

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:41:09 PDT 2011

Hey Gabor,

this value is used like this in fluxus-audio:

> m_FFTOutput[n]=((m_FFTOutput[**n]*m_SmoothingBias)+Value*(1-**
> m_SmoothingBias));

Yes.

so, i believe it should be >= 0 and < 1. we can limit it in the setter
> function.

Yes, and then we should also update the related documentation, which claims
it ranges from 0 to 2, defaulting to 1,5. I can't see how that relates to it
defaulting in the code to 0.8 in line 81 of that same file.

I found the cause of the buildup that I saw as well. Turns out that that
rightmost band refers to the lowest frequencies. I suspect my sample's file
may have a non-zero final value; putting a adsr over it solved the issue. It
might generally be a good idea to outfit Fluxa with a dc remover on the
output,