[Fluxus] SchemeHelper for all modules

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:56:10 PST 2011

Gabor;

> it would make sense if we used SchemeHelper.cpp in all modules. it would
> require that we remove the fluxus-engine specific parts. also using a
> generic solution to be able to display messages to the repl would be
> required. it would make making new modules easier, updating old ones simpler
> and less error prone. what do you think?

That sounds good, for what I understand of such matters. I'd say that if we
do that this would also be the time to start thinking about exposing the
content of text buffers, cursor position and so on to the user. For example;
we have (appropos ) (sp?) which is used by (help) and could be one of the
parts of code completion, if we'd also get access to the text buffer. Things
like search, search&replace and editor hotkeys would also become user
configurable.

We'll need that at some point in the future so this might be a good moment
to consider that so we spend less work in the long term.