[Fluxus] png diagonal oddness

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:53:21 PST 2011

the problem is that the file resolution is 750x160, and 750 is not divisible
> by 4. make it 748x160 and it will work. maybe fluxus at least should warn
> you when this happens, although sometimes quite nice textures are born this
> way.

I'd say both a warning and a note in the docs are in order.

Clearly it works as intended or within the realms of what is possible, but
it does not work as the documentation implies it should work. A note and a
possible warning could save hours there.

The same goes for the pixel primitive which can glitch with wrong dimensions
(also potentially nice) but I'm absolutely certain that 2x2 pixel primitives
(not a multiple of 4) can be used as textures as I did that. Looks nice with
transparency on clusters of cubes without backface culling.

Thanks a lot; this has been bothering Rob and me for quite a while now and
we blamed ourselves, then adobe. Apparently the bmp->png script that Rob
wrote as a workaround worked by python forcing multiples of 4 behind the
scenes.