[Fluxus] minor oddness ( pi )

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:01:10 PST 2011

Dear list,

I found something that I feel is a bit odd. When I start Racket (just typing
"racket" at my terminal) I can type "pi" and get its value. As far as I know
this is the exact same racket that my Fluxus install uses. However, in
Fluxus "pi" is unknown.

This is strange to me. It's no major issue as we can use some trigonometry
to calculate pi or use a manually set approximation but I don't see where
this difference comes from. Beyond that I'd say that if plain racket has a
tool that useful for 3d math build in then Fluxus should probably also have
it, but maybe the plain Racket terminal pre-loads some math library(s) that
would impractical for us to also load?

Another thing that might be a feature proposal or might be me
misunderstanding something.