[Fluxus] Continuations, take 1

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 00:33:51 PST 2011

Hi David!

This looks exciting.

The story is this: after recently discovering this wonderful piece of
> software
> and playing around for a bit, I got tired of the inversion of control that
> every-frame imposes.

I have to admit I'm already confused a bit at this point. What do you mean
by a "inversion of control"? I get that you want to get out of the simple
"loop" structure and go towards something more "event-like". That's probably
a good idea, at least as a option, but I could still use a bit more of a
explanation.

I'm excited though. I think the timed tasks come from Fluxa (which schedules
stuff for the future) and I've been meaning to look into using them more.
For example to integrate midi-out with Fluxa nodes and have jams across hard
and software.

 I'm going to wait for a moment and see what the devs do with this, if
nothing I might just try your fork for fun& giggles. We could used more
accessible and powerful ways of dealing with time.