[Fluxus] show-fps bug

RPD ilostmyfiles at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 14:14:58 PST 2011

--- On Fri, 2/11/11, gabor papp <gabor.lists at mndl.hu> wrote:
> i believe the transformations somehow affect how the fps
> counter is rendered.

Indeed. This is kind of why I stalled while working out that blur & clip
problem-- I found out that using wide camera angles made the fps counter
move toward the center of the screen, and I suddenly "needed" to deal with
that also if I could. It's because Renderer::DrawText translates the text
back from the screen 1.1 units in 3D space from the bottom right corner,
presumably to move it slightly up and to the left, which is funny because
Renderer::PreRender is the only function to ever call it, and only for the
fps display. I realized that the whole area probably badly needs a
massage and that I was in over my head. If it was in 2D then everything
would probably work out fine but I was already lost in that world from
trying to put the blur plane in order. Hope this helps...

--Rob